POGs players of the 90s can now relive their childhood game through its modern take with KOGs: SLAM! which is now live for its closed beta phase. The closed beta trial of this play-to-earn game kicked off in September and will run for a month before its international release. The beta release will allow for 5,000 players to compete for $RFOX token and prizes.
KOGs: SLAM! is free-to-play where players can win KOINs that can be exchanged to RFOX (crypto) and KOGs (Keys to Other Games). KOGs are a type of NFT (non-fungible tokens) that can be sold, collected, or traded for cash.
How to play
The game has two gameplay options in its closed beta phase: single and multiplayer. Just like the original concept of the game, players are given a “slammer” and within 30 seconds, the stack of KOGs must be hit with as much impact as possible. The KOGs that land face-up goes to the first player and the rest go back in the stack. The next player then makes a move. Each KOG that lands face-up is equivalent to one point.
Single-player mode: A Boss Challenge awaits the player with the option to play against Ben the Big Boss, Fadz the Hustler, Pete the Wild One, Chino my Homeboy, or Phil Highroller. Turn by turn, the player with the most number of KOGs within three rounds wins.
Multiplayer mode: This will allow players to either test their slamming skills at the Ranked Match or the Arena. The Ranked Match is similar to the Boss Challenge. Except, instead of a boss, the player gets to play against a random player within the system for three rounds. Meanwhile, at the Arena, the players need at least 250 KOGs to enter and battle as many players as they can. The more matches won, the more prizes they can get. However, if they lose three times, they are out of the game.
Here are other things to watch out for:
- Daily Missions—a set of tasks to be accomplished within a day in exchange for at least 100 KOINs
- KOINS earned on Daily Missions can be used to earn more in the Arena
- Play stats—tells users how many KOGs were flipped, matches, played, matches won, and longest win streak; all measured against multiplayer mode history
- Win up to 10,000 $RFOX by the end of the closed beta phase if the player ranks Top 1, 2, or 3 in the leaderboards during the test.
- KOINS earned can be cashed out to GCash by the end of the closed beta phase if the player qualifies by playing 250 matches.
Sign up to slam for the closed beta by registering with your Google Play or App Store account at https://kogs.gg/beta-signup.
The KOGs:SLAM! is available for download on iOS and Android and was developed by RFOX Games, a division of Southeast Asian blockchain venture builder RedFOX Labs.