LG’s newest flagship phone, the LG Velvet, is now official, and it packs some neat features for avid users and creative professionals alike.
Ditching its once-popular G-series, the company has put its efforts towards a new phone called the LG Velvet with creative-focused features and phone-wide redesigns. The phone now sports a new design with its triple rear cameras designed to look like falling raindrops. There’s also a 6.8-inch display upfront that curves to the sides, with a U-shaped notch for the selfie camera. A 4,300mAh battery with fast charging via USB Type-C is also present.
The Velvet is clearly for creatives with its stylus support, not to mention that it ships out of the box with a Wacom stylus. The device is said to support up to 4,096 pen pressure for more optimal handwriting. Unfortunately, you’ll have to purchase that separately.
There’s also support for 5G and has features present in its phone since the G6 such as IP68 dust and water resistance rating, as well as MIL-STD 810G toughness certification.
LG Velvet specs:
- 6.8-inch FHD+ OLED display, 20.5:9, 2460×1080 px
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 765 5G
Adreno 620 GPU
- 8GB RAM
- 128GB UFS 2.1 internal storage with microSD card support
- Triple rear cameras with LED Flash:
- 16MP front camera
- 5G, Bluetooth 5.0, WiFi, GPS, NFC
- USB Type-C, in-display fingerprint scanner
- Dual microphones, stereo speakers
- IP68 dust and water resistance rating, MIL-STD 810G certification
- Android 10
- 4300mAh battery
Fast charging support
Available in four colorways, LG is launching the Velvet in South Korea with a KRW 899,800 price tag, which is equivalent to PHP 37,300 when converted.