Smartphone chip manufacturer MediaTek has announced the new Dimensity 920 and Dimensity 810, the latest additions to its Dimensity 5G family.
The MediaTek Dimensity 920 is designed for powerful 5G smartphones and balances performance, power, and cost. It is built using the 6nm high-performance manufacturing node and supports intelligent displays and hardware-based 4K HDR video capture while offering a 9% boost in gaming performance compared to its predecessor, Dimensity 900.
On the other hand, the Dimensity 810 is built using the 6nm high-performance node. It has ARM Cortex-A76 CPU that runs up to 2.4Ghz, camera features including artistic AI-color in collaboration with Arcsoft, and advanced noise reduction for low-light photography.
Dimensity 920 key features:
- MediaTek Smart Adaptive Displays: Adjusts the display refresh rate according to the game or UI action detected. Raises it during periods of intense action and lowers it to improve power efficiency.
- 4K Video Capture Hardware Engine: Integrates an HDR-native image signal processor (ISP) and incorporates a hardware-accelerated 4K HDR video recording engine supporting up to four concurrent cameras and up to 108MP sensors.
- Boosted Performance: This is all thanks to the ARM Cortex-A78 octa-core processor that can reach 2.5GHz clock speeds, LPDDR5 memory, and UFS 3.1 storage.
- Advanced Connectivity: Supports dual 5G SIM, dual VoNR, up to 2CC carrier aggregation, MediaTek 5G UltraSave power efficiency suite and 5G SA/NSA networking, 2×2 MIMO Wi-Fi 6 connectivity, Bluetooth 5.2, and multi-GNSS.
- Smooth Gaming: Supports MediaTek HyperEngine 3.0 with 5G call and data concurrency, plus connection enhancements for high-speed rail and ‘Super Hotspot’ technology.
Dimensity 810 key features:
- Faster Performance: ARM Cortex-A76 octa-core processors runs up to 2.4GHz.
- Faster Displays: Supports displays of up to 120Hz.
- Incredible Cameras: Supports advanced noise reduction techniques (MFNR & MCTF) for low-light capture, and supports up to 64MP cameras.
- High-end AI-Camera Features: Enables camera features like AI-Bokeh and artistic AI-Color in collaboration with Arcsoft.
- Smooth Gaming: Supports MediaTek’s HyperEngine 2.0 gaming technologies with an intelligent resource management engine and advanced networking engine.
The MediaTek Dimensity 920 and Dimensity 810 will power 5G smartphones that are expected to be launched in Q3 2021. For full specifications and further details, click here