An in-depth look at the gameplay updates of NBA 2K22 has been revealed recently detailing a list of new features of the gameplay.
NBA 2K22 has new gameplay features, including:
- Defense & Defensive AI: Rebuilt shot contest and blocking systems, an update to the fundamental defensive rotations, and more.
- Dribbling: A new feel and rhythm when sizing up, faster pace and tighter control in navigating the court, and other new combos, cancels, and move chains.
- Post Play: New content for upgrades, including new movement and new back-to-basket moves.
- Shooting: A new shot meter dynamically expands when players take high-quality shots with good shooters but will shrink when heavily contested, shooting with a low-rated shooter, or fatigued. Shot IQ makes the teams that work for open looks and take smart shots have more success than the teams that force up bad shots.
- Finishing: Players can customize their dunk repertoire with an all-new Dunk Style Creator.
- Builds, Badges & Takeover: Adjustments are available to create more balanced builds and an increase of the total badge count to 80. Additionally, NBA 2K22 for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S introduces Takeover Perks which can be unlocked to strengthen existing Takeover abilities.
NBA 2K22 is scheduled for release on September 10, 2021, for PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X/S and Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC. For more information, visit the NBA 2K22 official website and the Courtside Report.