POCO has announced its newest device called the POCO X2 in India, with a 120Hz display and a 64MP rear camera to boot.
In essence, this new POCO phone is a Xiaomi Redmi K30 that features a Snapdragon 730G chip, up to 8GB of RAM, and up to 256GB of internal storage. It has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner and a 4500mAh battery with 27W fast charging.
POCO X2 specs:
- 6.67-inch FHD+ IPS HDR 10 display @ 120Hz, 2400×1080 px
Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- 2.2GHz octa-core Snapdragon 730G
Adreno 618 GPU
- 6GB or 8GB LPDDR4X RAM
- 64GB or 128GB or 256GB UFS 2.1 internal storage
- Quad rear cameras:
64MP f/1.9 Sony IMX686 main
8MP f/2.2 ultra-wide
2MP f/2.4 macro camera
2MP f/2.4 depth
- Dual front cameras:
20 MP f/2.2 wide
2 MP f/2.4 depth
- Dual-band WiFi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, NFC
- 4G LTE, Dual SIM (hybrid)
- 3.5mm audio jack
- IR Blaster
- P2i Splash-proof Technology
- LiquidCool Technology
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- USB Type-C
- Android 10
- 4,500mAh Li-Ion battery, 27W fast-charging (charger included in the box)
- Colors: Atlantis Blue, Matrix Purple, Phoenix Red
POCO touts the X2 to capture RAW shots — these are photo files that can be edited in the PC without affecting much of its quality. There’s also a LiquidCool Technology that is said to help improve heat in heavy performance tasks.
What’s interesting here is the software — there’s no mention of it anywhere on its official page. The listing we’ve seen online points to Android 10, but we don’t know yet if they’ll bring in the mobile OS in its vanilla state or pack it up with MIUI on board.
The Poco X2 will be sold on India’s Flipkart starting February 11 with the following price tags: INR 15,999 (Poco X2 6GB+64GB), INR 16,999 (Poco X2 6GB+128GB), and INR 19,999 ( Poco X2 8GB+128GB). No word yet if this phone will arrive in other markets.