Shopee launches the #TatakPinoy: Shopee Celebrates Local contest that aims to support local sellers. This also recognizes 12 Filipino sellers who offer locally made products as well as sharing their stories of success with Shopee.
The e-commerce platform shortlisted these entrepreneurs who come from various categories such as lifestyle, fashion, and FMCG, based on their shop ratings and number of reviews.
Martin Yu, Director at Shopee Philippines, said, “As we rebound from the impact of the pandemic, we want to strengthen our efforts in aiding economic recovery. Supporting local sellers is a very impactful way to do that, and we want to rally our users to support these sellers as well. This is what Shopee Supports Local is for — highlighting the local sellers in our platform, and giving our shoppers the opportunity to show their appreciation as well.”
The 12 Shopee Sellers
- Indianajanemnl was launched in 2019 and has grown into a 30-person team this 2021. By using Shopee Live and all its features, Jess received customer feedback which helped her improve the store.
- Chelssydresstaytay.ph is considered as one of the pioneer stores in Taytay Tiangge. Rochelle has shifted to online a few months before the pandemic hit where it proved to be a good move, with the shop hitting its targets consistently.
- Luxeessential started as a form of self-care for its owner Hani where she can earn while staying at home. And now, she can already support not just her family but also her staff’s family asl well.
- Uniq.mnl is owned by sisters Ireen and Ira who combined their stores into one. They utilized Shopee’s in-app tools to maintain their customer’s satisfaction and ended 2020 with an 8-figure gross profit.
- Orangeandpeach is a 100% Filipino Mom and Baby Essentials Store owned by Jasslyn that struggled selling due to some limitations but didn’t stop and eventually gained the consumers’ trust.
- Randashoesofficial started in 2014 as a small shoe manufacturing facility until Ric joined Shopee as a seller in 2019. Now they are even surpassing their previous sales and continues to do better and grow on the platform.
- Mightyclean started at the height of the pandemic last year. And with that, Mico had become one of the best-selling brands on the platform continued to sharpen his entrepreneurial skills.
- Dnemnlph first joined Shopee in 2015 and is owned by Dana. She started selling online when she was in high school and has had her fair share of ups and downs. Despite having to close her shop temporarily, she stepped up and worked with her Shopee Relationship Manager to learn how to build brand awareness for her store. To date, she has more than 225,000 shop followers.
- Localidad.ph began last year with Daniel as its owne got his break in November 2020. He learned about e-commerce in general and eventually succeed in the industry, with more than 60,000 products sold and counting.
- Emsalvadorpunzalan sells DIY car care detailing products through Prestige Trading. Em, its owner used the power of technology to offer a wide array of products on her shop. And as a former saleswoman, the main proprietor found joy in interacting and connecting with their customers.
- Gratitudebar offers skincare products that are simple, affordable, and effective. Ces faced a financial crisis in 2017 and decided to launch her Shopee store. With the use of in-app features, the brand gained more loyal customers.
- Mareclothingph is owned by Zel. When she started selling on Shopee, she knew it was a learning journey and discovered a lot of new things. Now, she has a strong customer base and feels grateful for the overwhelming support and trust from her loyal customers
The #TatakPinoy: Shopee Celebrates Local contest will run from November 19, 2021, to December 5, 2021, just in time for the Shopee 12.12 Big Christmas Sale. The top three sellers, based on total user votes, will win gadget prizes that they can use for their online business.
On top of that, all their inspiring stories and products will be featured on Shopee Live on December 8 and 11, 2021. Meanwhile, users who will participate in the voting and share why they love their chosen seller on social media will have a chance to win special vouchers.