Sony introduces its new premium home theater systems, the Sony HT-A9, and HT-A7000 soundbars that deliver a multi-dimensional surround sound experience perfect for any music, film, or gaming content. Sony also introduces its optional SA-SW5 and SA-SW3 wireless subwoofers and SA-RS3S wireless rear speakers that add more bass and wider surround sound to the home theater system.
Sony HT-A9 key features:
- 360 Spatial Sound Mapping Technology: This gives off sound from every direction and distance. The 360 Spatial Sound Mapping technology creates up to twelve phantom speakers from just four speakers by synthesizing sound waves.
- Versatile Layout: With Sound Field Optimization, the A9 uses dual microphones in each speaker to measure their relative height and position and allows the system to generate twelve phantom speakers that produces an immersive spatial sound, without the need to rearrange furniture or precisely position the speakers. To activate it, perform Easy Setup at any time from the TV’s home menu and the four speakers will connect wirelessly to the control box. Simply place the control box near the TV and link up via HDMI.
- Innovative Speaker Design: The A9 features Sony’s Omnidirectional Block Design which has a cylindrical shape that provides 360 spatial sound. It has a flat rear surface that fits against the wall and a light pearl grey color.
- Simple Set Up: The home theater system is ready to use straight out the box just by simply pluggin it in and connect it to the TV using HDMI and power on. Meanwhile, the four speakers are connected wirelessly with the control box.
Inside, the speakers feature two rectangular X-Balanced Speaker Units that maximize the diaphragm area for richer bass and sound pressure. It also has a new Wide Directivity Woofer that has a reduced cavity effect by minimizing the depth of its concave shape. The speakers’ beveled edges also help to further reduce sound diffraction.
Sony HT-A7000 Soundbar key features:
- Supreme Surround Sound: The HT-A7000 is a 7.1.2-channel soundbar that features two up-firing speakers, two beam tweeters, and five front speakers for wider surround sound and a built-in dual subwoofer for deep bass.
- Sony Vertical Surround Engine: The A7000 can position sound in vertical space to create overhead audio without the need for in-ceiling speakers. And with S-Force PRO with Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, the soundbar can virtually reproduce surround sound with audio coming from both horizontal directions. Additionally, it also has the Sound Field Optimization feature that works the same as the A9.
- Omnidirectional Block Design: The A7000 and optional speakers have a common Omnidirectional Block Concept design with rounded edges and rich material textures.
- Seamless Connectivity: The soundbar can easily connect to a TV using the HDMI eARC connection. It also has USB connection, optical and analogue audio in, as well as HDMI in and out (eARC).
Additionally, when pairing with BRAVIA TVs, the A7000’s settings will automatically appear on the BRAVIA TV’s Quick Settings Menu and users can control the volume of the soundbar seamlessly with their BRAVIA remote.
- High-Resolution Audio and 360 Reality Audio: The 360 Reality Audio provides immersive music through compatible music streaming services and features DSEE Extreme which restores the high-range sound of a compressed digital music in real-time.
- Bluetooth, Chromecast, AirPlay 2, and Spotify connect enabled: Easily access and stream music from Spotify and connect via Bluetooth, Chromecast, Apple AirPlay 2, or Spotify Connect.
- Voice Activation: Works with both Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa. Users can also add the speakers to their speaker group using the Google Home app.
- Best with Sony’s TVs: Can be paired with compatible BRAVIA televisions. With Acoustic Centre Sync, users can have more immersion by precisely matching where the audio is coming from with what’s on the screen and supports all the latest formats such as 8K HDR, 4K 120fps, and Dolby Vision.
Optional Subwoofer and Rear Speakers:
For even deeper bass and vocals, optional wireless subwoofers focusing on low range sound are available. The SA-SW5 wireless subwoofer has 300W of deep bass from a 180mm driver and passive radiator. Meanwhile, the SA-SW3 wireless subwoofer has 200W of sound from a compact bass reflex subwoofer with a 160mm driver. On the other hand, the SA-RS3S wireless rear speakers has 100W of wider surround sound and wall mount capability.
Pricing and Availability
The Sony HT-A9 (PHP 86,999), HT-A7000 (PHP 67,999), SA-SW3 (PHP 17,999), and SA-RS3S (PHP 15,999) are already available in the Philippines starting today at Sony Stores nationwide. Meanwhile, the SA-SW5 (PHP 36,999) will be available in the Philippines starting November 19, 2021.