Apple announced silently the long-rumored redesigned iPad, Apple’s ‘entry level’ tablet.
Just like its powerful siblings like the Air and Pro, the iPad is now enclosed in a chassis with a flat aluminum edges form factor. The centered Home Button for touch ID is gone moving it to its power button and the bezels are now equal.
It supports the first generation of Apple Pencil for sketching and drawing, which is, unfortunately, a non-magnetic one. You need to have P500 peso lightning to USB C to the Lightning adapter or the included adapter in the packaging of Pencil 1 to charge it.
iPad 10 has launched along with a new magic folio keyboard which is also sold separately.
This is also the first time on any iPad to have the wide-angle front-facing camera in landscape mode.
iPad (2022) Specs
- A14 Bionic Chip, 6-core CPU, 4-core GPU
- 10.9-inch IPS display 2360 x 1640 @ 264 PPI, 500-nits of brightness
- Supports Apple Pencil 1
- 64GB, 256GB Storage Options
- 12MP Wide camera. f/1.8 aperture
- 12MP Ultra Wide Front camera f/2.4 aperture 122° field of view
Smart HDR 3
- Wi-Fi 6, 5G, Bluetooth 5.2, LTE, GP
- nano SIM/eSIM,
- Landscape Stereo Speakers
- Touch ID on the Button
- Wireless Keyboard Supported
Officially, this ‘entry level’ starts at P29,990 listed on the Apple Website, making it P9,000 higher than the previous one. There’s also an education discount for eligible individuals in the academe.
What do you think?