The much-awaited NBA 2K22 is now available in the Philippines! This next iteration of the NBA video game offers best-in-class visual presentation and player AI, historic teams, and a wide variety of video game modes and challenges.
It features several new additions, improvements, and a variety of basketball experiences:
- Add skill-based dribbling, shooting, dunking, and alley-oops. Counter them with new blocks and contests on the other end of the court.
- MyCAREER and an all-new City become one in NBA 2K22 for PlayStation 5 (PS5) and Xbox Series X/S consoles. Start on the journey to the pros through MyCAREER life all within the City. Enter college, the NBA G League, or even by jumping straight to the NBA. Grow personal brand in the music industry, fashion world, and more. Lastly, ball out against the best and fiercest MyPLAYERs.
- Players are welcomed in the all-new NBA 2K22 Neighborhood, developed for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC. Explore each level of the ship that is designed to offer various basketball activities, create MyPLAYER, level up for rewards, and express through both game and style.
- Collect, craft, and hoop in MyTEAM. Build a lineup of NBA stars and legends across any era, and explore the MyTEAM experience, with each addition introduced Season after Season.
- Every Season has new opportunities to reap new rewards. Whether in MyTEAM, MyCAREER, or The W, compete against other players and discover rewards in each new Season.
- New songs will be added to the soundtrack on every Friday throughout the Season. All-new partnerships with some of the most notable music labels in the world; Columbia Records, Def Jam Recordings, Low Profile/Casual Records, Ninja Tune, and Warner Records will offer music from both up-and-coming artists and world-renowned musicians.
MyNBA top updates in NBA 2K22 on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S include:
- MySTAFF gives players full control of organizations, from selecting coaching to scouting to sports medicine staff.
- Improvements to team and player training, including a new Prep Hub that acts as a one-stop shop for players that are looking to try and adjust team training and fatigue while focusing on the scouting report of the next opponent.
- New Conditional Coaching gives power users the ability to help give coaching directives while they simulate games.
- Three new pre-built custom teams with logos, uniforms and arenas.
- New attributes and badges
New updates in The City in NBA 2K22 for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S include:
- New City Quests for players to experiment with careers off the court, from becoming a fashion mogul to a rap icon.
- An increased population featuring new NPCs.
- Ability to upgrade the crib – such as a penthouse with a zipline to take the player directly to specific courts where coaches and friends will give players new quests.
- Explore new buildings added to The City, including a matchmaking building and Club 2K, where players can access music that will drop in every Season.
- Rewards include new ways to get around The City, such as Go-Karts and Inline Skates, new emotes, intros and outros, animations, customized name plates and more.
The Neighborhood is also returning for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC players. Set sail aboard the Cancha del Mar; from the lobby to the top deck, each level of the ship offers various activities. Additionally, Seasons will offer new Excursions that take place in tropical and recognizable places, with every Season providing fresh content, new rewards, and unique events for engagement.
NBA 2K22 MyTEAM top updates include:
- MyTEAM Draft offers a new multiplayer mode where players pick a full lineup of Player Cards. Every Draft will net players a guaranteed League Pack and at least a single pick on a Draft-exclusive Ascension.
- Triple Threat Online – The 100 is a new take on the 3-on-3 mode where defense earns players even more rewards.
- Season 1: Call to Ball – Earn new Seasonal Player Reward Cards, such as a Kobe Bryant 93-rated Free Agent card that will lead players’ starting lineups or reach Level 40 to gain a Pink Diamond Carmelo Anthony.
- Community Logos – Players that received in-game verification will now have their logos appear next to their usernames in MyTEAM, with opportunities for players to gain this recognition throughout the year as chosen by the NBA 2K Community Team.
- New challenges, agendas, rewards, events, and more player and team customization throughout the year.
Global phenomenon and two-time NBA All-Star, Luka Dončić, graces the NBA 2K22 Standard Edition and NBA 2K22 Cross-Gen Digital Bundle. The Standard Edition is available for USD 59.99 (PHP 2,997 converted) on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC platforms, and USD 69.99 (PHP 3,496 converted) on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S. The Cross-Gen Digital Bundle is available for USD 79.99 (PHP 3,996 converted) and grants players access to the Standard Edition across generations within the same PlayStation and Xbox console family.
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Dirk Nowitzki, and Kevin Durant – feature in a premium, NBA 2K22 NBA 75th Anniversary Edition, showcasing how each of these athletes changed the game with a cover created by world-renowned artist Charly Palmer. The NBA 2K22 NBA 75th Anniversary Edition is available for USD 99.99 (PHP 4,995) for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC. The Cross-Gen Digital Bundle and NBA 75th Anniversary Edition provide dual-access for the PS5/PS4 and Xbox Series X/S/Xbox One platforms and provides a version of the game on each console generation within the same console family. The NBA 75th Anniversary Edition for Nintendo Switch is only available in a digital format in the EMEA region.
A full breakdown of each version is available on the NBA 2K22 official website.