Grab Philipines continues to operate all its services to cater to the needs of every Filipino during the Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) imposed by the Philippine government in the National Capital Region from August 6 to 20, 2021. In line with this, they are focusing on three key areas: 1) Ensuring that its suite of everyday services ranging from mobility, deliveries, and cashless payment solutions continue to operate smoothly and reliably to support the needs of consumers, 2) Platform safety and hygiene, and 3) Helping local businesses and partners grow amidst the lockdown.
Ensuring that its suite of everyday services ranging from mobility, deliveries, and cashless payment solutions continue to operate smoothly and reliably to support the needs of consumers
- Mobility: GrabCar services will continue to provide transport solutions 24/7 especially to those who need to commute and perform essential activities. GrabCar Bayanihan – a dedicated fleet composed of vaccinated driver-partners and priced 15% lower than regular GrabCar rides, will continue to provide mobility solutions going to and from vaccination sites to support the ongoing vaccination efforts against COVID-19.
- Deliveries: GrabFood, GrabMart, and GrabExpress will continue to operate throughout the ECQ, to cater the consumers’ everyday essentials such as food, groceries, and medicine, benefitting local businesses and delivery-partners as well.
- Cashless Payments: GrabPay has contributed to a cashless world that helped minimize the transmission of the virus through physical cash exchanges. Apart from using it to pay for Grab services, consumers can also now use GrabPay as a payment method for various online and offline merchants. In addition, consumers also earn GrabRewards Points whenever they use GrabPay. They can then use these GrabRewards Points to also pay for their purchases or redeem perks offered in the GrabRewards catalogue.
Reinforcing our commitment to platform safety and hygiene
- GrabProtect: A suite of tools, policies, and procedures aimed to ensure the safety and hygiene standards across the Grab platform – helping minimize the risk of contracting the virus on Grab’s mobility and delivery services. It will also be implemented across GrabFood, GrabMart, and GrabExpress.
- Vaccination: The Vacc to Normal Campaign is Grab Philippines’ initiative in ensuring its driver- and delivery-partners gets inoculated at the soonest possible time so that they can continue to earn a living with added protection from the virus.
- Zero-tolerance on Fraud: Grab Philippines encourages Filipinos to use Grab responsibly to ensure the safety and security of the platform and everyone who uses it.
- Addressing Consumer No-Show (Hoax orders): Grab Philippines immediately conducts an investigation for reported incidents, and will block the mobile phone IMEI of the fraudulent account to avoid similar incidents from happening in the future. Grab Philippines continues to implement its reimbursement policy on consumer no-shows, whereby delivery-partners who encounters any fraudulent activities on the platform are reimbursed within 24-hours upon receipt of claims.
- Safeguarding from Phishing Attacks: Grab Philippines urges everyone to remain vigilant and to never disclose their personal information, login details, bank details, and SMS OTP with anyone else. Should anyone receive any suspected phishing email or messages, do not click on any links in the email or message, download or open any of its attachments, or reply to the email or message. Instead, download the email or screenshot the message, and email it to [email protected] for investigation.
Leveraging its superapp strategy and platform to help local businesses and partners grow amidst the lockdowns
- Social Sellers: The Madiskarteng Boss Club program will continue to support social sellers on the platform by providing them exposure to consumers through its first-ever #AngatSaMBC Live Selling Event on the Grab Philippines Facebook Page this August 8, 2021, at 12-1 PM. The live selling event will feature four social sellers and their essential goods. Grab Philippines will also feature these sellers and their products in the MBC Essentials catalogue located in the Grab app.
- Merchant Partners: Grab Philippines will offer 15% off on GrabCar 2-Seater rides to Merchant-Partners in Metro Manila from August 6-20, 2021. This aims to support the staff of its merchant-partners and help them safely go to and from their workplaces, perform essential economic activities, and ease the effects of the lockdown in their respective businesses.
- Drivers and Delivery Partners: Grab Philippines will continue to support its driver- and delivery partners throughout- and even after, the ECQ. Grab driver- and delivery-partners will be able to take advantage of the of initiatives and programs from Grab Philippines to help address their everyday needs and support their long-term growth.
“We believe that by supporting our consumers, partners, and our broader communities, and doing right by them, we are able to help our kababayans better cope with the challenges that come with another lockdown, support our country’s socio-economic recovery, and create a lasting impact in the lives of many Filipinos who rely on our platform to improve their quality of life,” said Grab Philippines Country Head Grace Vera Cruz.
For more details, visit the Grab Philippines Facebook page.