OWC, an American PC and Mac Peripherals company, announced its newest storage solution called the Mercury Pro U.2 Dual, utilizing the power of Thunderbolt to deliver faster read/write speeds than your typical RAID setups.
The OWC Mercury Pro U.2 Dual is ready for your demanding A/V, digital photography, professional music, graphics, and general data backup needs. The OWC Mercury Pro U.2 Dual gives everyone the necessary horsepower to get the job done:
- Backing up simple to complex video editing projects
- Time Machine and File History backups of essential business data and irreplaceable personal photos
- Consolidating files from multiple smaller drives to a single location for faster, more convenient access
- Migrating data from an existing machine to a new computer
- Freeing up space on a computer’s internal drive to improve performance
An extra Thunderbolt USB-C port lets you daisy-chain devices to your OWC Mercury Pro U.2 Dual to expand your capabilities, such as attaching a 5K display or two 4K Thunderbolt displays. You can even place a USB device at the end of the chain.
Key features of the Mercury Pro U.2 Dual include a full 2800MB/s data bandwidth as it utilizes Thunderbolt, setting up to two NVMe U.2 SSDs, cross-platform compatibility on Windows and Mac devices, easy drive monitoring, and worry-free purchase with up to 3 years of OWC Limited Warranty plus lifetime support.
The OWC Mercury Pro U.2 Dual is available immediately online in capacities from 0TB (add your own drives) starting at $299.99 (~PHP 15,100) and 2TB, 4TB, 8TB, and 16TB models on Macsales.com starting at $549.00 (~PHP 27,700).