Huawei will attempt to break into the local laptop market with the upcoming Philippine release of the 15-inch MateBook D.
The company is more known in the Philippines for releasing smartphones and device accessories, but it has not concealed the fact that there may be more device categories to be released locally. In fact, the idea of Huawei releasing a laptop in the Philippines has started since early last year.
Huawei Matebook D (15-inch) key specs:
- 15.6-inch Full HD IPS display, 1920 x 1080px
- AMD Ryzen 5 3500U CPU
- Radeon Vega 8 Graphics
- 8GB DDR4 RAM
- 256GB PCIe SSD or 256GB PCIe SSD + 1TB HDD
- fingerprint scanner (built into the power button)
- Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, 2×2 MIMO
- Bluetooth 5.0
- USB-A 3.0, 2x USB-A 2.0; USB-C, HDMI
- 3.5mm audio jack (2-in-1 for headset and microphone)
- 720p HD webcam
- 2 x 2W speakers, 2 microphones
- 42Wh battery with 65W fast charging
- Windows 10 Home
Huawei’s latest 15-inch Matebook D sports an entry-level AMD Ryzen chip with Radeon Vega 8 graphics onboard, It also features SSD internal storage, 8GB of RAM, as well as a cleverly-hidden webcam underneath the keyboard. A fingerprint scanner is built into the power button for better security, as well as a 65W charger for fast charging.
Pricing, availability, and launch for the Huawei Matebook D 15 is set for a later date. Stay tuned for more details.