Samsung has announced new wearables, including a Galaxy Watch 3 smartwatch and a Galaxy Buds Live TWS earphones.
Let’s talk about the Buds Live first. These are bean-shaped, compared to the usual shapes we’ve seen so far with TWS earphones. They’re not sporting silicone tips here, but they’re featuring an all-ergonomic fit to ensure most noise is blocked and it’s comfortable to wear every day.
There are three microphones that a voice pickup unit that ensure your voice is always relayed clear. It also offers seamless switching between different devices, and a Game Mode to reduce audio latency when playing games.
Galaxy Buds Live specs:
- 12mm speaker
- 3 mics (2 external + 1 internal )
- Bluetooth v5.0
- Accelerometer, IR, Hall, Touch, Grip, Voice Pickup Unit
- IPX2 splash resistance
- Bixby voice wake-up
- Compatible with Android 5 with 1.5GB RAM and iPhone 7 with iOS 10.0 and up
- 60mAh (Earbuds), 472mAh (charging case) battery
Qi-certified wireless charging
Meanwhile, the Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 14% thinner, 8% smaller and 15% lighter but with a bigger display compared to its predecessor. It’s also Samsung’s bet on healthcare as it sports blood pressure (BP) monitoring and electrocardiogram (ECG) features that can be used with an upcoming Samsung Health Monitor app.
You can set automatic replies to your messages, and never run out of things to do with over 120 workout modes. Samsung also offers over 80,000 watch faces that are readily available for download at its Galaxy store.
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 specs:
- 1.2-inch (41mm) or 1.4-inch (45mm) Super AMOLED Display
Always on Display, Full Color
Corning Gorilla Glass DX
- Exynos 9110 Dual-Core Processor @ 1.15GHz
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB internal storage
- Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi b/g/n, NFC, GPS
- Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyro Sensor, Light Sensor
- Optical Heart Rate Sensor
- Electrical Heart Sensor
- IP68 water and dust resistance
- MIL-STD-810G military-grade standard
- Tizen Based Wearable OS 5.5
- 247mAh battery (41mm)
340mAh battery (45mm)
Wireless Power Charging-based wireless charging
- Stainless Steel case with premium leather strap (41mm & 45mm)
- Titanium case with metal strap (45mm)
- Colors: Mystic Bronze, Mystic Black, Mystic Silver (Stainless Steel); Mystic Black (Titanium)
Official Philippines pricing and details: These new wearables will go on sale later this month with these prices:
- Samsung Galaxy Buds Live – PHP 8,990
- Samsung Galaxy Watch 3, Stainless Steel 41mm (Bluetooth) – PHP18,990
- Samsung Galaxy Watch 3, Stainless Steel 45mm (Bluetooth) – PHP20,990
- Samsung Galaxy Watch 3, Titanium – TBA later this year, online exclusive