Samsung has launched its newest phone, the Galaxy S20 FE, at its global Galaxy For Every Fan event online. The new premium mid-range (or affordable flagship?) device takes the best elements out of the S20 and Note 20’s best features, with some added treats in tow.
The S20 FE is the culmination of the brand’s constant listening to the fans by pushing boundaries on color finishes, design, and even features that you can use in an everyday setting. It will also come with IP68 dust and water resistance, as well as 4G or 5G variants depending on the region.
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE specs:
- 6.5-inch FHD+ AMOLED Infinity-O display
2400 x 1080 px, 120Hz refresh rate
- 2.73GHz octa-core Exynos 7nm chip
- 6GB or 8GB LPDDR5 RAM
- 128GB or 256GB storage, with shared MicroSD slot for up to 1TB
- Triple-rear cameras with LED Flash:
12MP Dual Pixel F1.8 OIS primary
12MP F2.2 ultrawide
8MP F2.4 OIS telephoto, 3x optical zoom, 30x digital zoom
- 32MP F2.2 front camera
- 5G or 4G LTE Cat.16, Single or Hybrid Dual-SIM (nano)
- WiFi 802.11ax, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, NFC
- USB Type-C, Fingerprint scanner
- Stereo speakers by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- IP68 dust and water resistance
- One UI 2 (Android 10)
- 4,500mAh battery
PD 3.0 charging
Fast Wireless Charging 2.0
- Colors: Cloud Navy, Cloud Lavender, Cloud Red, Cloud Mint, Cloud White, Cloud Orange
The variant launching in the Philippines will sport a 2.73GHz octa-core Exynos chip, 8GB of RAM, and 128GB of expandable internal storage in 4G connectivity with a hybrid dual SIM. While pricing is yet to be announced, we’ve learned that the device will launch in the country this October. It’s going on sale first in key countries such as the USA with a USD699 (~PHP 34,000) price tag starting this month.