TikTok may be a popular app for viewing memes and viral dances, but it’s going to change in a few days. Bytedance, the app’s mother company, will officially launch its learning-centric campaign to empower users with knowledge through short-form videos on May 25.
The #TikTokU Program aims to bring learning straight to everyone’s smartphones for users to gain access to practical tips and up-to-date knowledge, all from talented creators in the Philippines. With the platform’s diversified content, users are provided with a library of educational videos ready for consumption within a minute or less.
This creates the perfect opportunity to convert those idle time of in-betweens into productive learning moments such as Learning a new language, a quick art and crafts tutorial, or just very trivial things.
The first round of #TikTokU will be kicked off on May 25, with a search for creators to add to its elite roster of teachers and instructors. This first phase will focus on creators of Science and Education, DIY and Life Hacks, and Advice and Motivational content.
Entries will be categorized into four tracks, based on the user’s number of followers, to create fair and equal opportunities for all participants. The four tracks are:
- Senior Scholarship: Open to those whose followers are 500k and above on TikTok
- Junior Scholarship: Open to those with 100k to 500k followers on TikTok
- Sophomore Scholarship: Open to those with 10k to 100k followers on TikTok
- Freshman Scholarship: Open to those with under 10k followers on TikTok
Those who are interested to join the #TikTokU Program may submit entries following these simple rules and guidelines:
- Entrants must create at least 3 entries for the campaign.
- Content must be educational and useful, and must fall under the Science and Education, DIY and Life Hacks, or Advice and Motivational themes, with the assigned hashtag/s incorporated.
- The ideal duration and format of videos are 30 seconds and above, shot on a 9:16 vertical screen.
- The campaign is open to all creators aged 18 and above from the Philippines.
- Videos must adhere to the TikTok community guidelines.
- Winners will be selected based on the total video views of all eligible videos they post during the campaign. A candidate-ranking dashboard will be updated regularly to reflect the most viewed creators in each track.
Creators who are selected for the #TikTokU Program stand to win cash rewards, and will be invited to the #TikTokU Creator Group, where they will receive development and growth support from TikTok as follows:
- Senior Scholarship (5 winners) – PHP40,000 cash, and 1-to-1 support for 3 months
- Junior Scholarship (15 winners) – PHP30,000 cash, and 1-to-1 support for 3 months
- Sophomore Scholarship (30 winners) – PHP20,000 cash, and 3-month upskilling
- Freshman Scholarship (75 winners) – PHP10,000 cash, and 3-month upskilling
The first round of the the #TikTokU Program will run from May 25 to June 15, 2020. Winners will be announced on June 19.