Power Mac Center (PMC) launches Design Trail for Kids summer art camp in cooperation with PMC Business Systems, Inc. (PBSI), PMC’s official training arm. The summer camp offers six special courses covering comics creation, 2D animation, game design, and building filters and 3D effects. This will be conducted online for kids ages 7 to 15 years old.
“Children have an active imagination, and it’s important to provide them creative outlets while also prioritizing their safety and well-being amid the pandemic. This summer, Power Mac Center goes all out in creating opportunities for kids to explore ideas and enhance their digital creative and coding skills. Should they decide to pursue graphic design, visual communication, or even coding in the future, parents are assured they have a good foundation,” said Maleng Raysag, Training Head, PMC Business Systems Inc.
- The Art of Comics (7 to 10 years old) – Kids can create their own comics with doodles, basic lines, shapes, and colors. This course will teach kids how to maximize their iPad for art.
- 2D Animation using iPad (7 to 10 years old) – With this course, kids can learn how to turn their ideas into a motion picture.
- Roblox Game Design (8 to 12 years old) – Kids can build and publish their own Roblox game through the Roblox Studio.
- Web Game Creation using Scratch (8 to 12 years old) – Kids can develop logical thinking skills through coding in this course. This will also teach them how to create interactive games using Scratch—the world’s largest programming language and online community.
- 2D Game Design with Stencyl (12 to 15 years old) – Kids can dive deeper into 2D game development and coding. This course will teach them how to create computer games with HTML5 and build games for iOS and Android using the Stencyl software.
- Building AR Face Filters and 3D effects (12 to 15 years old) – This course will teach them how to create customized social media face filters and 3D Portal.
Each online session lasts for 1.5 hours, conducted over four days (Tuesday-Friday). Classes can be availed at PHP 2,500 per student per course, which can be paid via Power Mac Center’s Web Store. Limited slots are available to maintain instruction efficiency, and reservation is on a first-come, first-served basis.
The Design Trail for Kids summer art camp will happen from April 19 to August 30, 2022.