The 2022 Philippine national elections are coming soon, and COMELEC is still pushing Filipinos to register to vote. As part of this initiative, the commission has announced that a voter’s registration mobile app will be launched to reach more registrants and provide convenience for them wherever they are in the Philippines.
The mobile app was rolled out in select pilot areas including the National Capital Region (NCR), Cebu City, Davao City, and other 500 cities and municipalities nationwide. The maiden launch will happen on June 15, 2021, in Tagum City, Davao del Norte, and will be graced by Commissioner Marlon Casquejo, who also conceptualized the project.
The mobile registration form app is downloadable through this link: bit.ly/MobileFormApp. Once installed, the user may already apply for voter registration without the need for an internet connection. It can also be shared offline from one Android smartphone to another through the SHAREit app or any other file-sharing application.
Here are the steps on using the voter’s registration app:
- Open the mobile app, and tap “Get Started”.
- Select the desired type of application and tap “Proceed”.
- Input all the necessary personal information.
- Confirm your personal information by ticking the checkbox.
- Tap “Generate QR Code” and “Save” to save it in your phone gallery.
- Bring a valid ID upon visiting your local COMELEC office for your QR Code scanning.
For any questions and clarifications about the voter’s registration app, the Voter Care Center hotlines are open to the public: +63 927 559 5926 on mobile, facebook.com/comelec.ph on Facebook, and twitter.com/COMELEC on Twitter.