Regional eCommerce giant Shopee is expanding its ShopeePay service to offline stores nationwide, the initial list of which include offline retail stores and essential outlets.
The now number-one online shopping destination in the Philippines and Southeast Asia has announced that it will offer its store-exclusive ShopeePay service so its users can also use the money wallet service for offline payments in groceries, gadgets, clothes, and even gasoline. The list of retailers and shops where you can now use ShopeePay includes the following:
To use ShopeePay on the said retail outlets, one has to open their ShopeePay inside their Shopee App and select “Pay via QR” to transact. There are two ways to complete the transaction:
User scans the partner merchant’s QR code:
- User opens Shopee app and tap the “Scan” icon
- Scan the QR code displayed on the shop’s tabletop card
- Input the amount to pay and tap “Confirm”
- Enter 6-digit ShopeePay PIN and wait for confirmation of payment.
Partner merchant scans user’s QR code:
- The user opens the Shopee app and taps the “Scan” icon
- Click ‘Generate QR Code’
- Enter ShopeePay PIN
- Show the generated QR code for the cashier to scan and wait for confirmation of payment
There’s also an ongoing promo for Shopee in-store purchases as they will get 20% coins cashback* up to a maximum of ₱500 coins until June 20, 2021.
Shopee hopes it expands to more outlets this 2021 by bolstering its efforts to expand more outlets for ShopeePay service offline, as well as offering more options for its customers such as its newest microloan service ShopeePay Later — a credit service that enables customers to purchase anything through a predetermined credit line.