In addition to the Xperia 10 II, Sony pulled the wraps off its newest flagship device called the Sony Xperia 1 II.
The new flagship phone sports more camera-centric features from its Alpha camera line, including the world’s first AF/AE Tracking burst on a mobile device. Sony says the Xperia 1 is capable of bursting up to 20fps on a single take.
Sony Xperia 1 II specs:
- 6.5-inch 4K HDR OLED CinemaWide display, 3840 x 1644 px, 21:9 aspect ratio
Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 5G
- 8GB RAM
- 256GB UFS internal storage, expandable via microSDXC up to 1TB
- Triple rear cameras:
12MP 1/1.7″ f/1.7
12MP 1/3.4″ f/2.4 telephoto
12MP 1/2.55″ Exmor RS f/2.2 ultra-wide
–ZEISS lenses, 4K HDR video, hybrid OIS/EIS video stabilization, 5-axis stabilization, 120fps slow motion, 20fps AE/AF tracking burst
- 8MP 1/4″ f/2.0 front camera
- Dual-SIM (hybrid)
- 5G, WiFi 802.11 ax, WiFi MIMO 2×2, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS
- USB 3.1 Type-C, 3.5mm audio jack, Fingerprint sensor
- IP68/65 water- and dust-resistance
- Dolby Atmos Stereo Sound, DSEE Ultimate, ClearAudio+, High-Resolution Wired/Wireless Audio
- Android 10
- 4,000mAh battery
Aside from that, entertainment and gaming features are more pronounced. The device has stereo speakers with Dolby Atmos technology for better spatial surround sound. Sony Music Entertainment helped in tuning the audio features, both in the headset and loudspeaker modes.
The phone is compatible with a PlayStation Dualshock controller and is tuned with Call of Duty: Mobile for better gameplay. As such, the game supports all controller buttons and more optimized gameplay with its Snapdragon Elite Gaming feature.
Sony’s new flagship, the Xperia 1 II, will retail in European markets this spring for EUR 1,200 (roughly Php67,000).