POCO has announced that it will be moving forward as an independent brand from its event last night, along with a new phone called the POCO M3 with bang-for-the-buck hardware for its price.
The device features a 6.5-inch Full HD IPS display, Qualcomm Snapdragon chip, a triple rear camera setup, and 18-watt fast charging over USB Type-C, though this can be expanded further to 22.5 watts with the appropriate power brick.
POCO M3 specs:
- 6.53-inch FHD+ (1080×2340) IPS LCD display, 400 nits
Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- 2.0GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 octa-core
Adreno 610 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4X RAM
- 64GB UFS 2.1 or 128GB UFS 2.2 storage, with microSD card slot up to 512GB
- Triple rear cameras with LED Flash:
48MP f/2.0 PDAF
2MP f/2.4 macro
2 MP f/2.4 depth
- 8 MP f/2.05 selfie camera
- 4G LTE, Dual SIM (nano)
- WiFi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- Dual Speakers, Hi-Res Audio certified, FM radio (wired with headset)
- IR blaster, USB Type-C, Side Fingerprint sensor, Face Unlock
- MIUI 12 (Android 10)
- 6000 mAh battery
18W fast-charging (supports up to 22.5W)
Reverse wired charging
- Colors: Cool Blue, POCO Yellow, Power Black
Price and Availability in the Philippines: The POCO M3 will come in two variants — 4GB/64GB for PHP 6,990 and another with upgraded 128GB of storage for PHP 7,990. Both will be available starting November 27 on Lazada at discounted prices (PHP 5,990 and PHP 6,990) until November 28, Early bird purchasers on the 27th, meaning those who are purchasing it from 12AM to 2AM, will get a free Mi Basic Piston.